Vilnius city municipality includes Vilnius – the capital and the biggest city of Lithuania, the centre of Vilnius county, district and city municipality. It is also a bishopric centre, since 1579 – university city.
The buildings of the Lukiškės Dominican Monastery and the Church of Apostles St. James and St. Philip occupy an area of the present centre of Vilnius, bordered by Lukiškės Square, Vasario 16-osios, Goštautų and Vaižganto streets.
The Cathedral Basilica of St. Stanislaus and St. Vladislaus is the most important Catholic shrine in the entire country and a venue for major Christian, national and state celebrations
Bernardine Monastery Ensemble in Vilnius – distinguished by its greatness and splendor
The Oginskis Family Chapel-mausoleum is one of the oldest family chapels in Vilnius Saulės Cemetery.
Oginskis Palace was built by the Lithuanian noblemen family Oginskiai.
The Chapel of the Body of God (Oginskis) was built in the 16th century.
Vilnius University Observatory is one of the oldest observatories in Europe reminding us of the times of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
Radvila Palace is located in the Old Town of Vilnius, at Vilniaus street. This building is currently a branch of the Lithuanian Art Museum
Chapel of St. Casimir – a Baroque masterpiece in Vilnius Cathedral. Art connoisseurs compare Vilnius Cathedral to a splendid jeweller's ring where the Chapel of Saint Casimir is its jewel. This chapel is one of the most valuable Baroque masterpieces in Lithuania.
The Calvary Church of the Holy Cross is located in the Jerusalem of Vilnius, on the right bank of Neris.
M. K. Čiurlionis House is a memorial site, a historic building in the Old Town of Vilnius where the genius of the Lithuanian nation lived and created.
The Vilnius Gaon State Jewish Museum, which is widely known throughout the world, is also interesting to our society with its expositions and activities.
The Shrine of Divine Mercy, previously known as the Holy Trinity Church, is located in Vilnius.
Rasų cemetery is the oldest cemetery in Vilnius, founded in 1801. In the 19th century, the cemetery was used to house columbariums and later a neo-Gothic cemetery chapel.