Kaunas city municipality is located in the centre of Lithuania, at the confluence of two largest Lithuanian rivers – the Nemunas and the Neris. Kaunas city covers about 1174 ha of protected areas – part of the Kaunas Reservoir Regional Park.
Christ's Resurrection Church in Kaunas – the largest basilica of monumental architecture in the Baltic States
House of Perkūnas (Thunder House) – shrouded in legends and various theories. The House of Perkūnas is one of the most valuable buildings of the late Gothic period in Lithuania.
Vytautas Magnus Culture Museum was established in 1936 after the reorganization of the temporary M. K. Čiurlionis Gallery.
Kaunas St. Archangel Michael (Crew) Church, also known as Kaunas Sobor, is located in the heart of Kaunas, in the eastern part of Laisvės Alley, in the center of a specially formed square.
Kaunas Castle is the oldest remaining stone castle in Lithuania. The castle built at the confluence of Nemunas and Neris rivers is mentioned for the first time in written sources in 1361
Kaunas Town Hall – where weddings are held, honourable guests of the city are received and contracts important to the city are signed
Kaunas City Wall – a historical sign of a self-governing and prosperous city
St. Gertrude Church – a Candle Shrine in Kaunas
Kaunas Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary – the oldest church in Kaunas city
The idea of establishing an art museum originated in the beginning 20th century, with the presentation of the first Lithuanian Fine Art Exhibitions (1907) and activities of the Lithuanian Fine Arts Societies.
Bernardine Monastery Ensemble - in a unique location in Kaunas
Pažaislis Monastery – a masterpiece of late Baroque architecture in Europe
The Church of St. George the Martyr is one of the first churches in Kaunas Old Town.
Kaunas Church of the Holy Trinity (or Kaunas Seminary Church) is a non-parish Catholic church located in the Old Town of Kaunas, in the north-western corner of the Town Hall Square.
The Gothic St. Nicholas Church was built in the 15th century and was first a parish church.
In around 1642, brick houses in Kaunas were gifted to the Jesuits by brothers Albertas Kojalavičius-Vijūkas, Kazimieras Kojelavičius-Vijūkas and Petras Kojelavičius-Vijūkas.
Vytautas the Great Monument has been standing near the current municipality of Kaunas city for almost three decades