Telšiai St. Antanas Paduvietis Cathedral stands in Telšiai.
Next to the former church in a Bernardine monastery was built 1624. In 1650 a new wooden church was erected. It burned down during the city fire.
Construction of the stone church started in 1761. The church was consecrated by Samogitian Bishop Sufagan Tadas Joseph Bukota. When the church was built, it was integrated with the brick St. Loreto hut-chapel that was built in 1650. Fragments of the chapel are an example of the oldest stone building in Telšiai. 1802 contract to build a church and 2 towers (only church was delivered). 1836 became a parish.
The church is one-tower style, late-Baroque and Classicist, rectangular, with a triangular apse. Inside are three naves, separated by pillars, covered with vaults. Masters Jurgis Mažeika and Tomas Podgaiskis created seven altars. George Mazeika also created a Baroque and Rococo brick pulpit depicting four fathers of the Western Church.
The main facade of the cathedral is of laconic and restrained forms with a tower rising above it. Above the central portal is a triangular joint. The second stage is divided by windows of narrow, high semicircular arches. The first floor of the gallery is illuminated by small oval facade windows.
In 2005, commemorating the 555th anniversary of the city of Telšiai, the patron saint of the cathedral was built in the gate of the cathedral churchyard. Antanas Paduvietis and Patron of the City of Telšiai Stanislovas sculptures created by sculptor Arūnas Sakalauskas.
The interior of the cathedral does not have analogues in Lithuania, the hallmark of which is the gallery surrounding the walls. Its first and second floors feature 7 altars created by sculptors Jurgis Mažeika and Tomas Podgaiskis. The Cathedral has two grand altars. On the ground floor is a statue of Our Lady of Loreto with Our Lady with a Baby. On the second floor – St. Antanas Paduvietis with the 18th c. mid-St. In the picture of Antanas. The side altars are dedicated to Jesus Christ (Christ’s prison), St. Of Joseph, St. Barbora, St. Francis and St. In honor of Justin. Tom Podgaiski’s work includes three of these altars in the second-floor gallery and the grand altar.